Saturday, June 22, 2013

WEEK 2 IN MICHIGAN!!!

Wow, this week has been incredible. We have seen so many miracles. They're just piling up!

Bruce is the guy from Shanghai we met on my first day here. Since then, he has been to church twice and meets with us regularly. He LOVES the Book of Mormon, and every time he comes to church he's like, "I am just so happy here!" We love him. And he has a baptismal date! Can you believe it? Last night we met with him and did some reading together from the Book of Mormon. That's when we asked him if he'd want to get baptized in a few weeks. He said he wants to think about it, which is what we like to hear because then it means they're taking the decision seriously! It's a big commitment that we don't ever want anyone to rush into. Then, at the end of our lesson, he said a prayer. His English is very good but he's still working on it. It's amazing to hear him pray though. He said, "I feel very nervous and excited about my baptism date, but I am already feeling that this is true. I know that this church can help anyone, and when I read the Book of Mormon, I feel like I am holding a torch in my hand and am walking through the darkness." We were all tearing up by the end of his prayer! The Spirit was so strong, and we were so happy to know that the Book of Mormon has been giving him guidance in his life. It truly is the word of God, no doubt about it.

We also had some pretty hilarious/awesome experiences this week. On Friday, we taught a woman from Burma who lives in downtown Lansing. On the way there (we got a ride from a member), we looked out the window of the car at just the right moment and saw three people in huge, papier mache planet costumes crossing the street! Earth, Mars, and Saturn! It was the greatest thing! Every time I think about it, I smile. (Side note - to anyone who's seen "Angus," it was JUST like Georgia's olive costume...hahaha!)

ALSO I SAW A CAT WHILE DOOR-KNOCKING. This one guy had a cat with long, white and grey fur and BIG BLUE EYES. She was so fluffy and adorable. He wants to meet with us again. YES!
I'm learning more about my companions each day and I love them so much. Sis. Probert is basically Amanda Bynes. Like, "She's the Man" Amanda Bynes, not 2013 Amanda Bynes. I don't know how else to describe her. Haha she is SO GREAT. We are always laughing and singing and joking with each other (when we're not teaching or studying, of course!). 
Sister Dixon is SO. AWESOME. She met Nicolas Cage once at Disneyland!!! Hahaha and she is teaching us Portuguese. It's so fun! Also, I just found out that Sister Dixon told her family to look up my Danish TV show, so for Family Home Evening, they found it and watched it. WHAT! Haha. Apparently they watched the episode where I got eliminated, so they all wanted to tell me that they're so sorry and that they hope I get to go back to Denmark one day. I can't stop laughing.

Happy belated Father's Day, Dad! And happy early birthday, Amber!!! I love you both!

Hope you all have an amazing week! I am loving Michigan so much. I never want to leave MSU! 
I love you all!

<3 Sister Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment