Friday, June 7, 2013

WEEK TWO IN THE MTC

Hi everyone!
First off...
Remember that lady Lawanna who screamed at us for 30 minutes? The one we were teaching? Well we went back, even though we were terrified, and had the greatest experience ever! She opened up to us about her drug-addicted mom, growing up in foster care, and her battle with cancer. By the end of the lesson we were all in tears! She told us that she really wants a relationship with God, so we taught her about how prayer is very personal and how she can talk to God whenever she wants. She told us she would pray and listen for answers/look for God's hand in her life. She also shared with us her strong testimony of the Bible and we learned so much from her. Later, she told us she's been happier since praying, and that made US happy! After the first lesson, we were about to cry because we were terrified to go back, but after our second lesson with her, we were crying because we didn't want to leave! We were able to experience God's love for her. We felt it. It was incredible.
I almost forgot. There's a tree here that smells like vanilla.
I eat so much here. The cafeteria is just full of wonder. Our district always sits together at a table. The other day, we did this thing where Elder Gregory would call a random missionary over to our table and ask them their name. As soon as the Elder or Sister would say their name, our entire table would stand up and in unison say "Welcome, Elder ____" or whatever their name was. Then we'd clink our glasses and toast them haha. It was hilarious.
I saw Cassie Coltrin! My suitemate from freshman year! We got to see each other a few times actually! It's been great. She can't wait to serve in Vegas! I also see Brother and Sister Skidmore (my seminary teacher) all the time! They can't wait to serve in Zambia!

Can you believe I leave tomorrow for Michigan?! We have to be to the shuttle by 4am! My address in Michigan (for at least a while... I'll update it later if it changes but they'll still forward stuff to me) is:
Sister Carly Christiansen
1400 Abbott Rd. Suite 310
East Lansing, MI 48823
Write me letters! They make my day! ...But don't feel obligated... JUST KIDDING, FEEL OBLIGATED!
I'm out of time, but I just want everyone to know that I love them and miss them! I can't wait to be in Michigan! I'll update everyone next Monday! I'll be able to email every Monday starting next week!
<3 Sister Christiansen

PS I saw Erika Mahterian in the MTC!

No comments:

Post a Comment