Saturday, July 13, 2013

WEEK 5 IN MICHIGAN!

This week was amazing as usual!

4th of July was pretty fun! My companions and I ran around and caught fireflies while watching fireworks. We also ordered delivery from a place called Insomnia Cookies... Best decision of my life. They deliver hot, freshly-baked cookies to your door and a scoop of any type of ice cream you want and you make a cookie ice cream sandwich. It was the most delicious thing I'd had in a while.

Some fun, random information - Our apartment is in a place called the Living Center which is right across the street from campus. The cool thing is, it was built by the church as a place for LDS students, couples, and other people (as long as they follow the rules-no alcohol, smoking, etc.) to live! I love being surrounded by members of our ward. The property manager is the bishop (Bishop Solomon - this awesome dude from Hawaii) and it is a dedicated building! I always feel so safe at our apartment!

I love my area so much. I can't say it enough. We've been doing a lot of "bus finding" since we don't have a car. That basically means we get to talk to tons of different types of people every single day. I met this really cool guy from Zambia this week, and also another really cool student named... get this... Lemuel! We told him there was someone in the Book of Mormon named Lemuel. He was like, "What?! I definitely have to buy a Book of Mormon now!" and we were like, "Here, you can have one!" It was really funny. What are the odds?

Being a missionary is one of the coolest things I've ever done. I love being here and meeting so many people. It's also been incredible to see how much the gospel blesses the lives of those we teach. We are able to watch them change so much and the happiness they feel because of that change is so contagious!

Thanks for all the emails, letters, packages, and support! Have a great week!

<3 Sister Christiansen
 
Also, this week I wanted to encourage you all to watch this video about civility and kindness. ALL OF YOU! It's so awesome. A lot of you have probably already seen it, but I love it and think it's incredible! Have an amazing week!
http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=1101417666001

No comments:

Post a Comment