Friday, June 20, 2014

Week 53 in Michigan, whee!

I love Mt. Pleasant!
It's been the most incredible week, as usual.

There is some sad news, though. President and Sister Hess go home this month :( So after MLC this week, I made sure to get a picture with them in the exact spot we had stood (exactly a year earlier, might I add) when I first arrived in Michigan and met them!
I will miss them so much!
 
 
This week was full of wonderful things, too! Like Half-Mission P-Day! This only happens once a year, but basically, half of the mission (about 100 missionaries) meets at a park and we play in the sun for 5 hours! It was awesome. Our half met in Mt. Pleasant so we didn't even have to drive far! The experience is best described with a series of pictures...

I reunited with my mom/trainer, Sister Probert! AND my daughter & grand-daughter, Sister Brems & Sister Rogers! Family reunion!
 
 Just like the great mom she is, Sister Probert pushed me on the swing!
 Then we held the first official meeting of the "Doctrine-Free Society," where we basically threw out obscure doctrinal questions and speculated about the answers for an hour and a half while everyone else was playing kickball... #noregrets. This is the Doctrine-Free Society. We plan to hold meetings post-mission at BYU, too... lol.
 
 
It was a great activity and a great week! The people we're teaching have all been doing so wonderfully! We have a few upcoming baptisms. We can't wait! 

Transfer calls are this Friday and I really really don't want to leave Mt. Pleasant! I'm praying I get to stay another transfer. I love it here and I love the people we're teaching so much! 

Our top investigators are Aki and Austin, and they are both people I totally would've hung out with before my mission. We all just feel like good friends, which helps so much in missionary work because then they feel more comfortable opening up to you. Those two are so great and I feel so blessed to have met them. They're the type of people that I always want to stay in contact with! Keep them in your prayers! I would greatly appreciate that :)

Thank you for your love and support. You all mean the world to me! 

Have an amazing week!
<3 Sister Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment