Friday, June 20, 2014

Week 54 in Michigan

Oh boy, it's been an amazing week!

Although, we did get some very sad news... Sister Pyper is getting transferred :( I will miss her so much! These last 3 months we've spent together have been some of the best three months of my mission! She's going to BYU though, so I know we will reunite!

We have had so much fun together. Last Monday we decided to take some weird-effect pictures on the Macs... yes I know, we felt like we were in middle school again. But it was so much fun! These sum up Sister Pyper and I pretty perfectly...
 
Moving right along, the work in Mt. Pleasant has been exploding! It will be sad to see Sister Pyper go, but she gets to come back for baptisms, and we have four scheduled this transfer! My new companion is called Sister Oswald, and I've heard she's amazing! I will meet her tomorrow. Woohoo!

Sister Pyper and I found a free Methodist church this week! We were so excited! Completely free! What a great deal!
 
 Okay, hardy har, I'll stop now. Thank you for continuing to read through all this craziness.

This week we hung out with a few new friends from India. They made us authentic Indian food and it was SO SPICY. I thought I had built up a spice tolerance, but it was just a tolerance for Americanized Indian food. This stuff was the real deal. I definitely enlisted some divine assistance to help me finish the plate. The problem was, one I finished, our host would immediately pile more on! I survived though. It was a delicious flavor, but also involved a lot of pain haha. I love being on such an international campus.

Oh boy, I just want all of you to know how happy I am to be out here on a mission. There's no place else I'd rather be. We meet the most incredible people each day. Being able to see the gospel transform their life is the most wonderful thing in the world. Mission life is the best life. 

Also, Happy Father's Day to my wonderful dad! During Sacrament meeting yesterday, the speaker was giving all these stories of amazing dads, and my companion leaned over and said, "Okay, but none of those dads taught their kids how to breath fire." She's right. I have the coolest dad. Sorry everyone, I win. Haha I love you so much, Dad!

I miss you all and hope you have the most wonderful week! Also, happy early birthday, Amber! 

<3 Sister Christiansen
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment