Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Week 61! I AM SO FILLED WITH JOY RIGHT NOW I CAN'T CONTAIN IT.

Hello everyone!

So many amazing things are happening right now, I don't even know where to begin!

The north is amazing and so funny. Sister Young and I have a phrase that we have been repeating any time something ridiculous or hilarious happens... We just laugh and say, "Welcome to the North." 

Here are a few unique things about the north, that we hadn't experienced in any previous areas!
  • On our first day, we saw a "Bear Crossing" sign, and a "Handicapped Crossing" sign. Two new ones for Sister Young and me...
  • The "student drivers" here drive Ford Mustang convertibles.
  • The Cadillac Chamber of Commerce sign is in COMIC SANS MS FONT. (This was probably my favorite "Welcome to the north" moment.)
  • We drove to the grocery store and back... and used 40 miles.
  • A member told us he was getting a tattoo of the San Diego temple. Welcome to the north.
  • The "After Hours Urgent Care" is only open from 10am to 6pm...
  • We considered getting our apartment dedicated specifically to be free of brown recluse spiders... WELCOME TO THE NORTH!
It's been hilarious. I love it here. We met some incredibly prepared people just in our first week! I know there are so many people who are ready to hear this gospel. I can't wait to continue to share it with all of them!

Now on a silly, music-related note... I experienced three tender mercies this week involving music.
  1. We have a new brand of phone, which means all the ringtones are different, and the have the most hilarious ringtone called "Gloomy DJ." It is the best thing in the world. You should see if it's on YouTube. I don't know why, but I think it's the funniest thing. There's just some chill, "gloomy" music at the beginning, and then you hear a random turntable scratching. It's our alarm, and I laugh every time I hear it. It's been wonderful waking up laughing every morning!
  2. Sister Young loves music as much as I do! So when we're driving around we always get to be listening to cool covers of hymns and stuff. We've had so much fun.
  3. THERE IS A NEW MORMON MESSAGE and the background music is SO GOOD! It sounds exactly like Explosions in the Sky, so there's either a new song they released that I don't know about, OR whatever trendy hipster Mormon produced this video decided to shamelessly turn a bunch of different Explosions in the Sky songs into one soundtrack for the video. 
That video is also just very well-done and I recommend it to you all. Please watch it! It's so cool! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w49_1a9X0Q#t=382

Also, I just found out that I have a great-granddaughter! I trained Sister Brems, who trained Sister Rogers, who is now training this new, beautiful sister missionary, Sister Chatmant! Look at them! <3
 
 
 
I love you all! You are in my prayers!

<3 Sister Christiansen


 

No comments:

Post a Comment