Monday, August 26, 2013

Week 12 at MSU

Hi all! First things first, I got transferred! I'm leaving MSU :( When I think about leaving all the wonderful people on this campus and in our ward, it makes me want to cry! Especially when I think about leaving our recent converts, Bruce and Yifan. They are so great and all the elders say they are the most solid converts they've ever met. It's so true. They have such strong faith. It's going to be hard to leave them but I know that they are in good hands because Sister Dixon is staying at MSU and she is a pro.

On Sunday, Yifan was able to baptize a Chinese girl named Lina that the elders have been teaching. It warmed our heart! When she came up out of the water, he said, "Welcome to the kingdom of God." IT WAS SO AWESOME!

My companions and I sang at that baptism, too, and all the elders were crying which made US want to cry! It was an emotional day. I'm going to miss this ward so much.

But guess where I am being transferred! HOLT! That's the area I visited last week on exchanges! I am sad to leave MSU but so happy to go to this area that I've already fallen in love with! Holt has kittens, ice cream, and A KFC RIGHT BY OUR APARTMENT. For those of you who don't know, KFC is like, my favorite restaurant. What more could you ask for?! 

I will also have a full-time car and be in a family ward. So many changes! I liked walking around campus and going to church with people my own age, but it will be nice to be able to drive to visit people far away, and also to have church with little kids and older people! 

One of my favorite things about the Holt missionaries' apartment (from when I visited) is that at night, when you turn off the lights in the bedroom, there are hundreds of glow in the dark stars on the wall! I can't wait to fall asleep surrounded by that every night!

Another perk is that Holt is only 15 minutes away from East Lansing and in the same stake as the University Ward! This means I'll get to visit everyone again in 3 weeks when we have stake conference! I'll also be able to come back if any of the people I've helped teach get baptized!

Looking back at my time at MSU, I feel so blessed to have been able to serve here. In my 12 weeks here, we've talked to 775 people from a total of 53 countries. Crazy! I love MSU so much, especially its massive amounts of diversity. However, I know that Holt is where God needs me right now, and I can't wait to get there and start serving with all my heart!

Before I forget, my new address is:
Sister Carly Christiansen
2141 N. Aurelius Rd. Apt. 64
Holt, MI 48842

Now I want to attach some pictures! I don't know what I'm doing in this picture but this is my district trying to think of funny faces to make. The guy on my right is our district leader, Elder Lyman. He is so rad! I will miss all of them!



This is me and Dennis!!! I love him SO MUCH! He is from Uganda and is on date to be baptized! I can't wait to come back to East Lansing for his baptism!
 
I AM GOING TO MISS THIS AREA SO MUCH!

In the Living Center, our neighbors are this adorable family with two little girls. We knew we needed a picture with them before we left!


My favorite picture ever. From left to right: Sis. Dixon, Sis. Probert, Bruce, Yifan, and me!
I will miss these people so much!
 The East Lansing University Ward missionaries! The elders are the Assistants to the President (APs). They're awesome (Elders Snow, Masters, and Larsen). We've loved serving this ward!
 
Thanks for reading my updates! And thanks for all the continuing support! Missionary work is hard sometimes and I really appreciate all your letters and love! This work also brings you the greatest joy in the world. I am so blessed to be on a mission!

I love you all! The Church is true!

<3 Sister Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment