Sunday, October 6, 2013

Week 17!

Hello friends and family!
Wow, this week flew by. What even happened?
Well first of all, Marge came to church! She’s someone we’ve been teaching for a while now but has never come to church. Well yesterday she showed up! She cried during the first hour because she felt the Spirit so strong. It made me so happy to see her feeling even closer to God than she had before! I love church. AND NEXT WEEK IS GENERAL CONFERENCE!
So I will skip ahead to my invitation to you all. WATCH GENERAL CONFERENCE! And while watching, have a specific person in mind and pray about what message they need. I can promise you all that a talk in General Conference will stand out to you as something that someone close to you in your life needs right now.  Sorry for the wordy sentence. I hope it makes sense. It will brings great blessings into your life! Listening to words of living prophets and apostles always does. Here's the info!
This week I got to hold a lot of kittens and teach a lot of lessons. What more could a girl ask for?
We met so many cool people this week! One guy had been praying for an answer right when we knocked on his door! Another guy used to go down to Alabama for KKK meetings but had a near-death experience and changed his whole life around and became Christian! One lady saw us walking in her neighborhood and ran outside waving a picture of four Mormon missionaries who had taught her in Detroit! And then there's Bill, our AWESOME investigator who probably knows more about the Church than we do because he's been researching it his whole life. We didn't meet him this week, but we met WITH him this week! It was a great lesson and the Spirit was really strong. He's planning on getting baptized in November! Bill is probably my favorite person ever. He's totally rad and hilarious and reminds me a lot of my dad!
Transfer calls are on Friday! Ahhh! I'm freaking out. You can always send mail to the mission office address during these potential moving times and they will forward it to me. The info is on my blog page (lettersfromcarly.blogspot.com). Thanks for all the support!
I know there's probably something more I need to write about but we are out of emailing time. I hope you all have a beautiful week!
<3 Sister Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment