Monday, October 14, 2013

Week 19!

Oh my WORD. This week had been full of so many miracles!
 
First things first, I GOT MY NEW COMPANION! Her name is Sister Brems and she is so beautiful and happy and wonderful! She came straight from the MTC but you would never guess it! We work so well together! She is from Portland, OR and went to BYU-Idaho for 3 years before coming out on a mission. She is so much fun! Being happy about the work changes everything so I'm so stoked that she's already got that down! I am beyond excited for this transfer!
 
This week so many great, amazing things happened.
 
On Sister Brems' first day, we didn't have much time to go door-knocking, but everywhere we went, people just approached us! One guy came up to us and asked us if Mormons really believe that God talked to a white salamander... Haha we quickly corrected any misconceptions. He was like, "Yeah I didn't think that was right. That's just what my preacher told me." Then he went on to say that he had studied the religion before and that he believed it truly was the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God! We will be meeting with him again this week!
 
Right after that, a girl was walking by us on her phone, and she hung up the phone so she could talk to us! She said she was looking for a church and asked if she could come to ours. She then asked if our church had copies of the King James Version of the Bible. I had one in my hand! I gave it to her, and then we taught her about the Book of Mormon and she asked if she could have one of those as well! She's coming to church this Sunday!
 
It's just been really amazing to see how when you are happy and work hard, miracles happen. We are so excited to be working together here in Holt. When I first got assigned to train Sister Brems and met her and everything, I was just so happy I thought I was going to cry! This work really is where I have found the most joy and I love every single day!
 
Some random things that happened this week!
 
We door-knocked into a lady who's house was on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition! It was BEAUTIFUL! Later we found out that a bunch of members from our ward helped build the house! It was really cool.
 
Also, one of the new sisters who came to the mission came up to me and was like, "This might sound weird, but you were my TA for Geography 120 last year!" Haha what are the odds?! It was so funny! I remember her distinctly! Well, her name and her papers at least!
 
This week the sister missionaries also got to teach a lesson at Achievement/Activity Days (activities once a week for 8 year old girls). It was so fun and such a cool experience! It's funny, because Sister Parmenter said that this week in Macie's class, they had a missionary lesson, too! I loved talking to all those girls and seeing their excitement about missionary work. We had them all make their own nametags and they were so excited to pin them on and wear them home. We also asked them what they could do to be missionaries now and they shared some great ideas like inviting people to church, serving their friends, and being excited about the gospel! It's awesome to see that those are principles of missionary work that apply to everyone!
 
I know this is a long email, but it's just been such a fantastic week. I love and miss you all! We gotta go because we're making a polka dot cake with an investigator! I'll send pictures next week. I hope you all have an amazing week!
 
Love, Sister Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment