Monday, October 14, 2013

Week 18!

Hello hello!
 
This week we had transfer calls! Sister McElvany and I were both super nervous but we ended up being ecstatic about the news. Sister McElvany is going to the area right next to ours (Mason) so I will still see her at church! She will have 2 companions! The Holt ward is going to have FIVE SISTER MISSIONARIES!
 
So as you may have guess, I'm staying in Holt!!! But get this... I am training a brand new missionary! I am super nervous but mainly very, VERY excited! I can't wait to meeet her and get her stoked about spreading the gospel. I can already tell she and I are going to do some great work together!
 
So that said, my address for at least the next 6 weeks is still:
2141 N. Aurelius Rd. Apt. 64
Holt, MI 48842
 
I am so excited for this new transfer! I meet my new companion on Thursday! Ahhh!!!
 
Okay now can I talk about how great General Conference was?! It was incredible. My favorite talks were Dieter F. Uchtdorf's from the Saturday Morning Session, Jeffrey R. Holland's from the Saturday Afternoon Session, and Richard G. Scott's talk from the Sunday Morning Session! SO GOOD! I encourage you all to read those!!!
 
I am now going to attach some long overdue pictures!
 
THIS IS A KITTEN THAT I GET TO HANG OUT WITH ALL THE TIME. One of our investigators, Marge, has like 30 cats and about 20 of them are kittens. ALJKGHSDKLG I CAN'T HANDLE THE CUTENESS.
These were the missionaries in the Holt ward before the transfer! That's Sister Dean, one of my all-time favorite members! Elder Fox (on the right) has a removable front tooth which makes me happier than almost anything in this world.
This is us and Bill! I won't get to teach Bill anymore since he's in Sister McElvany's new area (the area split) but I will still get to see him at church on Sundays and go to his baptism! He is SO AWESOME. 
Last but not least, here is a somewhat non-goofy picture of us Holt missionaries. We're going to miss serving together but I'm really excited to see what it's like to be in a ward with 5 sister missionaries!
I promise we're not as crazy as we look. We work HARD!
 
I love being a missionary. I've said it before and I'll say it again - there's no place I'd rather be right now! I love you all but I know God is taking care of those I love while I'm gone. Have a fantastic week!
 
<3 Sister Christiansen
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment