Sunday, January 5, 2014

Week 30! Merry Christmas!

Man, so many CRAZY things happened this week but I'll try to keep it all brief!
 
First of all, we had no power until Wednesday night, so on Christmas Eve we got to go to the mission president's house in East Lansing! That night was so magical. Before going over to president's house, we stopped by our pitch black and freezing cold apartment to pack a bag. Just as we got there, Cassie Coltrin's parents (who lives in Michigan) showed up with TONS of supplies to help us! Cassie's mom had read from my email last week that we were out of power, so she brought us blankets, flashlights, and tons of food (including muffins, clementines, Nutella, and sparkling cider!!! What more could a girl ask for?)! It was a Christmas miracle. I was so overwhelmed with gratitude after they left that I started crying a little bit. It was so nice of them!
 
Then we went over to the Hess home! President Hess' daughter was there with her husband and 8 month old baby. Turns out, his daughter has an INCREDIBLE voice. She's trained in opera, and right before we went to bed, she sang "O, Divine Redeemer" for us. It was SO beautiful. We were all in tears.
 
It was so fun to wake up with a family on Christmas morning! We opened presents and made gingerbread houses and it was just way too awesome. I will never forget it!
 
Okay now for MORE good news... Transfer calls came and I am STAYING IN HOLT WITH SISTER BREMS!!!! We are SO happy. We can't wait for the miracles that we know are coming this transfer. Yay! So this means that my address for the next 6 weeks is still:
Sister Carly Christiansen
2141 N. Aurelius Rd. Apt. 64
Holt, MI 48842
 
Okay so the ice storm last week was crazy, but it had the most breathtaking effect on the trees. Each branch was covered in ice. The trees looked like white, sparkling, magical... I don't even know what to call them! They were so surreal. I'll put some pictures here but they don't even BEGIN to capture how gorgeous it was!
 


 
I wish I had picture from when the sun came out and everything was sparkling! But these will have to do for now. I have a new favorite type of weather though, and it is ICE STORMS! The after effects were way too beautiful.
 
Here are all the sisters from my district! We're getting a new one this transfer! SO MANY SISTERS! It's awesome. I thought we were supposed to be doing a silly picture... This is how most of the pictures turn out though. Everyone is smiling and I'm just a blur... haha.
 
 
 What did you think about the science video from last week? I LOVE OUTER SPACE. I am so grateful for all of God's incredible creations. How blessed are we to be able to enjoy them?!
 
I love you all! The new year is coming and I can't remember if I've already asked you to watch this but you should all watch it again! It's an awesome, short video about looking forward this year, and now dwelling on the past! I LOVE IT.
 
I hope you all have a fantastic week!
<3 Sister Christiansen
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment