Monday, February 24, 2014

Week 36! Transfers

As if the subject line didn't give it away, we got our transfer calls this week and I am going to be leaving Holt. :( I will miss Holt so much but we did have one of the best weekends ever. It was a good way to end the transfer. We had two baptisms! The first one was ASHER!!! Our 9-year-old investigator! His dad is the one who has a signed Shepard Fairey print and is from San Francisco! Here is their family on the day of Asher's baptism! I LOVE THEM! Asher is in the orange shirt.


Quick funny story about Asher... in the baptismal interview questions, they ask you if you've ever committed a serious crime, and when our district leader was interviewing Asher, he adjusted the questions to better suit a 9 year old. He asked, "Asher, have you ever done anything really bad?" Asher just got really quiet then goes, "Well... this one time... I was at a sewage plant... And I found a frog on a leaf, and, well... I lit it on fire. I don't think it died but I know it was probably hurt a lot." I LOVE HIM SO MUCH. He is such a funny kid.

THEN.... BILL GOT BAPTIZED! It was such an incredible experience. He's the one who just got married! The Spirit was so strong. I couldn't stop crying when he got baptized! I could just feel how proud of Bill Heavenly Father was. I love Bill! Here we are after the baptismal service!




Oh wait, so now for the TRANSFER NEWS! I am going to Mt. Pleasant! I will be serving on CMU campus! I've been asked to go up there to be a Sister Training Leader, which is basically just the girl version of a zone leader. I'll be training the sister missionaries in the Midland zone which is exciting and also terrifying! I am grateful to have this opportunity to serve, though. I know I will learn a lot.

My new address is:
1617 Flynn Ln. Apt. B
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858

YAY! I am excited to serve in Mt. Pleasant but will miss Sister Brems SO MUCH. She is training a new missionary though, which means I'm a grandma! Woohoo! She's going to do great things!
This is our district! I will miss them all! They are bonkers.
 
 

In our mission, the missionaries sign their desk's once they leave an area. I got to sign mine this week! IMMORTALIZED. Haha
 

Well, it's been a truly incredible 6 weeks in Holt. I wouldn't trade it for anything! Now onto a new adventure in Mt. Pleasant! I arrive tomorrow. Wish me luck!

<3 Sister Christiansen




No comments:

Post a Comment