Monday, February 24, 2014

Week 37! I am in LOVE with Mt. Pleasant!

Okay quick correction... Last week I meant it's been a good 6 MONTHS in Holt, not 6 weeks. Oops.

Moving right along...  I AM IN MT. PLEASANT! I am typing this email on the computers in the beautiful library at Central Michigan University! I love being back on campus! People are so open minded and ELECT! 

Being a Sister Training Leader is new but exciting. The biggest change right now for me is that we use FACEBOOK. What?! The leaders in this mission get to use Facebook to find and teach people in their areas. So I have a missionary Facebook! So crazy! I obviously can't add or look up anyone from home. I thought that would be tempting, but it's actually just not at all. Facebook has actually become one of our most effective tools here! You can teach multiple lessons at one through chat, and people open up so much more online! You can link them to videos that help teach the message, and you can add their friends and find more people to teach! It has been so helpful! The other day we taught 5 lessons in 3 hours! It's so cool!

There are so many fantastic things about Mt. Pleasant and Central Michigan University. I don't even know where to begin. Just know that everything is SO GREAT, as usual! The life of a missionary really is the best. Blessings always come when we are sharing the gospel. They come to us as missionaries and they can come to anyone else who strives to bring others closer to Christ!

My companion is Sister Carlson and she is the absolute greatest. We are already the best of friends. I will attach a picture of us here next week! 

Overall, I love it here. I know this is exactly where the Lord wants me, and I can't wait to serve the people here! 

Attached below is a thought I shared on my Facebook this week - I know that this gospel makes us so happy!
 
 
Love you and miss you all! 

<3 Sister Christiansen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment