Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 33!

Okay, I have to write quick because we only have limited time today! We didn't get to write yesterday because the library was closed for MLK day, but that's okay!
 
We had some awesome experiences and funny stories this week.
 
First of all, our investigator Dessiree (who we taught while she was in labor) has been progressing so much! She prays all the time now, and has seen it help her in all aspects of her life. This week, she told us the greatest story ever... Basically, she was playing a Toy Story 3 video game with her 6 year old daughter, Vinnie. They had been trying to get past one point in the game ALL DAY, and so finally, she looked to the heavens and said, "Dear Heavenly Father, PLEASE help me get through this level!" They tried one more time, and in the words of Dessiree, "I kid you not... we beat the level." When they passed, Vinnie looked over at Dessiree with wide eyes, shocked, and said, "It worked." Haha it was so awesome. God even cares about those little moments in our lives!
 
We also had an awesome lesson with a family that hasn't been to church in over 20 years! Their kids have never been inside a Mormon church. We've been teaching them, though, and this week we invited them to come back to church. The father paused, then said, "You know, we've been going to another church, but I don't feel the Spirit there. I've felt the Spirit here tonight." Then his wife said, "Me too." It was SO POWERFUL. They decided to pray as a family and ask if it's time to go back to church. Woohoo!!!
 
We also had another miracle this week! We have been dropping by this woman's house a lot in the last few weeks but she's never home! This week, we parked outside her house and prayed so hard that she'd be home! We were like, "Heavenly Father, please help Rosemary to be home. We REALLY want to meet with her and share this message with her!" We closed our prayer, and right as we said "amen," a car pulled into her driveway! She was home! She got out of her car and came straight up to our van because she recognized it as "her missionary's van!" It was such a tender mercy!
 
Before I close, I want you all to know of the love and appreciation I have for my Savior and for His sacrifice. I am here today because I have a loving Heavenly Father who has guided me throughout my life. He wants to guide each of us. His purpose, His entire work, is to bring us eternal happiness. How incredible is that?! I know that following God's plan will bring us happiness in this life and in the life to come. "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual."
 
I love you all!
 
<3 Sister Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment