Monday, March 31, 2014

Week 43!

Oh my goodness, this week was AMAZING! Sister Pyper is incredible! We work so well together! We are both so excited for this transfer. We know miracles are coming, we can feel it!

First piece of good news... We found out that ELDER JEFFREY R. HOLLAND from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles is visiting our mission!!! He is coming in May to speak to all of us missionaries! WOOHOO!!! I can't wait! For those of you who don't know who Elder Holland is, here's a highlight from his most recent General Conference address about depression. He's the BEST!

One highlight from this week was the amazing lesson we had with our investigator, Henry! We taught him at a skate park. It was the greatest thing. We literally sat on top of the half-pipe and had a gospel discussion. Believe it or not, the Spirit was so strong! He committed himself to go to church every week and to read and pray every day! He also wants to get baptized! He is SO cool!

On Saturday, we had a dinner with the women at church before watching the General Women's Meeting at the church. The theme was uniting women worldwide, so there were globes EVERYWHERE! I was in Geography-major heaven! 

The sister on the far right is Sister Pyper, my beautiful new companion! 

Before Sister Carlson left, we made a rainbow cake from a mix my mom had sent me. It went... okay... Haha here's a picture of the end result.
 
NAILED IT.

Anywho, I hope you all are having the best week ever. I probably say that all the time, but I mean it! All of you are near and dear to my heart and I thank you so much for your support!

<3 Sister Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment